So the Twilight movie came out some time ago, derived from the book that inspired tons of teenage girl fantasies, fan-fictions, and overall just millions of girls (and a percentage of boys) who orgasm when someone says the word "Cullen"
So when invited to see the movie, I couldn't turn down a good Monday night out, which ended with a late night trip to IHOP. I'm usually pretty picky about which movies I like and I can be pretty critical at times, but I also posses the ability to just let go and enjoy something. Which leads to the four or five dvds that are hidden in the back that nobody knows about. Shhhh at least Smokin' Aces had Jeremy Piven....and guns.
I'm usually a "one of the boys" kind of girl. Don't get me wrong, I love a romantic night out with the boyfriend as much as the next girl, but I'd much rather watch Clive Owen with a gun in somebody's face (The International...hello) than Kate Hudson's newest romantic comedy (Bride Wars.....really?).
A lot of people have said "Well you like Harry Potter ... Twilight is the same."
Um....no my friend it is not. There are many more people who read the Harry Potter series and they aren't necessarily about vampires falling in love. At all. Twilight has pretty much claimed every 13-24 year old female (and again, a few males) on earth except for the few of us who managed to escape Stephanie Meyer's vampire loving clutches.
Ok I'll admit the movie wasn't bad. If I just let the girly-girl in me come out and get all sappy and romantic and start 'squee-ing' every time I hear the name Edward. But that girl never comes out. It was weird when she did as soon as he started to shimmer like fricken lip gloss.
But Robert Pattinson's acting was a little iffy at times, like everyone else has mentioned. I like him, he admits he can't act. Come on, if somebody said they'd pay you $12 million (which is what he's getting for the rest of the films...yes there are more coming) to play a shiny angsty vampire, you'd probably do it. Eff I would say "And the lion fell in love with the lamb..." however many times Stephanie (fricken) Meyer told the director to tell me to.
One thing about the character of Edward, now I haven't read the books so maybe the movie is portraying it the wrong way, but isn't he like 100-something years old? Yes, he was 17 when he became a glittery, upset vampire but you think after one hundred years he'd get over the whole teen angst thing? Were teenagers even angsty one hundred years ago?
Anyway, this little snippet from College Humor is entertaining (almost as entertaining as glittery vampires playing baseball to Supermassive Black Hole):
http://www.collegehumor.co m/article:1765493
So when invited to see the movie, I couldn't turn down a good Monday night out, which ended with a late night trip to IHOP. I'm usually pretty picky about which movies I like and I can be pretty critical at times, but I also posses the ability to just let go and enjoy something. Which leads to the four or five dvds that are hidden in the back that nobody knows about. Shhhh at least Smokin' Aces had Jeremy Piven....and guns.
I'm usually a "one of the boys" kind of girl. Don't get me wrong, I love a romantic night out with the boyfriend as much as the next girl, but I'd much rather watch Clive Owen with a gun in somebody's face (The International...hello) than Kate Hudson's newest romantic comedy (Bride Wars.....really?).
A lot of people have said "Well you like Harry Potter ... Twilight is the same."
Um....no my friend it is not. There are many more people who read the Harry Potter series and they aren't necessarily about vampires falling in love. At all. Twilight has pretty much claimed every 13-24 year old female (and again, a few males) on earth except for the few of us who managed to escape Stephanie Meyer's vampire loving clutches.
Ok I'll admit the movie wasn't bad. If I just let the girly-girl in me come out and get all sappy and romantic and start 'squee-ing' every time I hear the name Edward. But that girl never comes out. It was weird when she did as soon as he started to shimmer like fricken lip gloss.
But Robert Pattinson's acting was a little iffy at times, like everyone else has mentioned. I like him, he admits he can't act. Come on, if somebody said they'd pay you $12 million (which is what he's getting for the rest of the films...yes there are more coming) to play a shiny angsty vampire, you'd probably do it. Eff I would say "And the lion fell in love with the lamb..." however many times Stephanie (fricken) Meyer told the director to tell me to.
One thing about the character of Edward, now I haven't read the books so maybe the movie is portraying it the wrong way, but isn't he like 100-something years old? Yes, he was 17 when he became a glittery, upset vampire but you think after one hundred years he'd get over the whole teen angst thing? Were teenagers even angsty one hundred years ago?
Anyway, this little snippet from College Humor is entertaining (almost as entertaining as glittery vampires playing baseball to Supermassive Black Hole):
http://www.collegehumor.co
No comments:
Post a Comment