Tuesday, May 19, 2009

XOXO

I am a Gossip Girl FREAK. I absolutely love that show. I read the books years ago, and the show is my ultimate guilty pleasure. I usually hate shows like this (90210, One Tree Hill..), I don' t know what it is about Gossip Girl. Maybe it's just better?

Anyway, this season finale made me say FINALLY! over and over again. 

They graduate from High School- finally! because they don't seem at all like they're in high school, college seems more appropriate.

Lily and Rufus decide to get married- finally! They've been deciding whether or not to stay together for twenty years. It's about time they make it final.

Gossip Girl pisses everyone off and brings them together- finally! It's fun to have GG spreading Gossip, but it was entertaining to see everyone outed for their downfalls, and then to see them realize they need to stop getting pissed at GG because they're the ones spreading the rumors to begin with.

Dan meets the guy who could possibly be his brother- finally! Several eps ago someone tried to get in touch with Dan, who we found out was his long lost brother. I'm hoping the guy he met in the cafe was him, that'll be super interesting next season.

And the last finally!
CHUCK SAID HE LOVED BLAIR!!! 
Yay! He's been holding back and being a douche all fricken season. I was starting to think it would be far too lame for him to just finally tell her, so I really loved all of his romantic gestures for him to prove himself.

Things about this episode that were kind of "eh"
Jenny's graduation outfit was a bit risque and wasn't something a 16 year old wears to her brother's graduation. I do love Jenny's style, but really?

Rufus telling Dan he should go to Nate's party because even though he didn't really like any of his classmates, he should still go party with them. Wtf Rufus? "Yeah, these people bullied you and dragged you into their scandal for the last four years, ditch Vanessa and get drunk with them!"

When Nate told his grandfather he was getting paid to have sex with an older married woman and his grandfather is just like "K, well, that's cool, we'll just make sure nobody finds out." I understand this family is used to scandal, but maybe a "I'm a bit disappointed in you." or something to that extent. Maybe?

xoxo

No comments: