After wandering around and finding absolutely nothing that caught my interest I decided to go to Dillard's. The sandals I wore were not good for walking, so I figured I'd pick up some more comfortable shoes. I usually like Dillard's, this one just looked bad. I pulled on the really heavy door that made the worst creaking noise and then slammed shut behind me. This Dillard's had to have been built in the 70's. Did they have Dillard's then? It was unattractive. The store was set up like Tj Maxx, where there are just rows of racks and random clothes on them. I made my way to the escalator and went down, this was the women's section. It was set up the same, and everything was packed in. I noticed a printed out sign that read Dillard's Discount Center. So was this Dillard's own little version of Tj Maxx? No clue.
I wandered over to the shoes, because I still had 5 hours to kill and I was freakishly curious about this store. I walked to the aisle that had my size and there in front of me, were these:
Obviously they were not a comfortable alternative to my Volcom sandals, but I had seen them somewhere about a year ago and wanted them badly. They're Jessica Simpson, and while I'm not a fan of her, her line of shoes isn't half bad.
The box said $26 and I was ready to pay that much. Then I saw a sign that read Extra 50% Off. I was in budget fashion heaven. No doubt I paid $13 for these badass shoes.
The Pretty Reckless
Now, on to my choice of song. I chose a song by The Pretty Reckless, the band fronted by Gossip Girl's Taylor Momsen.
I love love Gossip Girl, and I think Momsen is okay. Obviously I don't know her personally, so I can't really judge her. One thing I do definitely like about her is her sense of style.
I figured I'd check out her band, they are actually quite catchy. They are a "fun listen." I'm going to check them out live soon when they come up here.
photo: taylor-momsen.net


No comments:
Post a Comment