Saturday, January 17, 2009

Oh! Darling

Does anyone else have a thing for people from India?

Kansas City has been fun so far. Last night, as the snow was melting Travis and I went over to Lawrence, Kansas. All my life I guessed Kansas would be one of those states with absolutely nothing (not like I have much room to talk, I'm from MS) but Lawrence is awesome. 

We saw Gran Torino and The Wrestler. Both were good, I preferred Gran Torino. I dislike both Clint Eastwood and Mickey Rourke. Mickey Rourke is just a slimy old cheeseball, ew. Gran Torino was funny, I doubt it was meant to be funny, but most people in the theater laughed out loud at many scenes. It's mainly due to Clint Eastwood's igorant, racist main character. Too bad people are actually like that (My grandfather....). Travis swears The Wrestler will get best film of the year at the Oscars, but I doubt that. I'm personally rooting for Slumdog Millionaire. 

I absolutely loved that film, and not just because I'm a huge Danny Boyle fan.

So onto other things besides films and the Oscar's because my friends and I have been arguing over who will win what way more than I wish to argue about anything. I don't really care either way, the outcome of the Oscar's doesn't affect my life in any way, but I digress....

Last summer, Travis and his best friend Alex decided they would try out for American Idol. I despise the show and have never seen an episode, until now of course....unfortunately. They didn't make it to try out, they chose to leave and go to a Royals game instead.  They were interviewed though, both of them went just to have fun and act stupid like so many people do each year. Well, their interview ended up on the main page of Americanidol.com

That's one hell of a thing to brag about, especially since both of them are dressed like pretentious d-bags and talking about how they are going to 'hump across America'

Yep, that's the guy I wanna spend my life with. The one who talked about humping on American Idol. 

I'm going to back to watching Sunshine (another rad Danny Boyle film)

The Beatles
Abbey Road

No comments: