Friday, November 14, 2008

Creepin Up The Backstairs

I have this friend, and every time she comes over you can hear her as soon as she opens the door on the bottom floor. She comes pounding up the stairs and beats on the door. Each and every time. Well, every other time, she just throws the door open, stomps in and proceeds to beat on my bedroom door until I call for her to open it. Which she doesn't hear most of the time because her banging is too loud.

Anyway, the other night I hear her coming up the stairs to my back door, which is in my kitchen. I get up and open the door before her fist can even touch it. She's standing there, out of breath. At first I think it's because of the stairs, the stairs leading to my back door are so tiny somebody over 200 pounds probably couldn't fit up them, and they spiral so sharply anyone will run out of breath on them. I notice she's angry. She slams her hand on the wall and leans against it, "FUCK HIM!" she yells.

Oh no, boy drama, is the first thing I think. Turns out it is boy drama, but more like transgender boy drama. R lives at our apartment building. My friend falls for anyones shitty ways every single time. Apparently she loaned him and a few friends $100 to get into a club, but once they got to the door she didn't have her ID. R and his friends went inside without her.

"I am SO PISSED OFF!" she yells and I just stand there staring with the door cracked open, for some odd reason my roomate has string hanging from the shelf in the kitchen to the window, which is blocking the door and creating a trip wire for anyone who is 5'8" and taller. I hear a familiar creaking sound behind her and she turns around, our RA is standing there giving us 'the face'. He never really says anything when anybody is doing anything wrong, he just walks up to them and gives them this disapproving look and you know you've done wrong.

My friend spins on her heel and quietly makes her way down the stairs, he just stares at me for a second, I give him my "You know I never make noise, so stop giving me the look" smile. He grins and says, "Riiiigghhhtt" and shuts his door.

It's so weird every time I see him. Why is there this extreme awkwardness?

Fratellis
Costello Music

No comments: